Saturday, September 24, 2011

Family Trends

In my Family Relations class, we have begun to talk about some of the latest family trends. To be honest, some of it is a little scary to me. For example, over the past decade or so, premarital sex, cohabitation, and the number of unmarried mothers have increased. I feel that the value of family is fading away in our country and is becoming more like those in other countries.There are many who are afraid of marrying because they fear divorce. Instead they cohabit to "test their chances." Most of these couple never end up marrying, just simply living together until they give up and move on to someone new. Most women enter cohabitation expecting to marry eventually. Most men, however, do not. I have been married, without cohabiting first, and it has been the best time of my life. Of course it is not easy; there are bills and disagreements, but we love each other. Our lives revolve around each other and I love that. We depend on each other, make decisions with each other, and we make each other genuinely happy. If only those who fear this, could see how great and truly amazing marriage is. I hope that the rest of the world will overcome their fears and realize how great marriage is. Of course it is not an easy road, but it is a happy and rewarding one.

No comments:

Post a Comment